Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/20/10: Don't Sleep With Your Students

Yesterday was TA training for all new teaching assistants. Yesterday was also my first panic of "OMG! What do I wear?" You see, clearly I wanted to look cute. I was going to be meeting other graduate student (Friends? People to hang out with?). On the other hand, I also wanted to at least feign professionalism. 

Sweater: Future Paradise, hand-me-down from Aunt
Dress: Carole Little via Marshalls, $24.99 in July 2010
Purse: XOXO via Burlington Coat Factory, forever ago
Sandals: "Women's Arbor Sandal by Privo, $24.47 on Amazon in most sizes
Now, I realize this dress is a little short. Indeed, I went back and forth on it until I finally decided, "It's 80-something degrees and I have to leave the house now." It would have passed the middle school "fingertip rule," and paired with a cardigan, it's not like I was showing a ton of skin. I'm glad I brought the cardigan too, because it was quite chilly in the classrooms. It certainly wasn't the Wild Wednesday look I've created before.

Would I wear this the first day of classes? Probably not. Was the Professor lecturing to us on teaching practices wearing a shorter skirt? Without a doubt. What about you? How short of a skirt is too short?

No comments:

Post a Comment