Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

9/12/10: En Espanol

As I settle into my new home, I'm enjoying having almost nothing to do. My goals for the day were to finish sewing a skirt, recycle some boxes, and update my blogs. Rough life, huh?

Given the extraordinary amount of time I have on my hands, I could have found some amazing outfit. Instead, I kept it comfortable.

Camisole: Kirkland Signature via Costco, two for $12.99 in July 2010
Tee: Doe, via clothing exchange
Jeans: Vanilla Star, from forever ago
Belt: via Flea Market
Shoes: Xhileration, thrifted
Cat: property of next door neighbors

Now, I never wear heels. At 5'7" I am not especially tall, but I tend to roll with a short crowd. All my friends are short. All my relationships have been with people shorter than me. I'm not ashamed of my height, but I dislike feeling like a giant. I'd rather be the same size as everyone else. If I had my way, I'd be shorter, so when someone put their arm around me I'd actually felt protected.

That said, I like how it feels to wear heels. I feel powerful. I feel confident. I feel like I could kick your ass.
With today's orders of business, I could strut into the fabric store and buy those sewing machine needles. Best of all, the wedge style made these shoes quite comfortable. To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'd ever worn them until today. This is why I needed the September shoe challenge.

The rest of the outfit is nothing special. My favorite Costco camisole, a pair of jeans I've had forever, and a tee reading "un pez, dos peces, pez rojo, pez azul" (for those of you lacking in Spanish language ability or suffering from Dr. Seuss amnesia that is "one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish"). Gotta have my childish fun before I have to pretend to be a responsible graduate student.

No comments:

Post a Comment