Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

9/14/10: Simple

Today's agenda consisted of trekking back and forth across my new campus as I attempted to get IDs, paperwork, forms, and myself in order. It was quite warm for a September day in the Midwest, so I knew I needed to keep it cool, comfortable, and simple. (I also needed to look decent for my student ID card picture.)

Necklace: handmade, gift
Tank: Old Navy, something like "two for $15"
Pants: Calvin Klein via outlet
Shoes: Simple Shoes via Dillard's, spring 2008

In keeping with the September Shoe Challenge, I dug these sneakers out of the back of my closet. While they are no great fashion statement, they are incredibly comfortable and incredibly earth-friendly. I bought them before a 6-week trip to Europe, because I knew I would need something comfortable and neutral. I wore them all through Germany, Austria, Poland, and the Czech Republic. Then I forgot about them.

If you haven't heard of Simple Shoes, you should look them up. Their shoes are made out of recycled materials such as car tires, carpet padding, plastics, and paper, as well as renewable and environmental-friendly materials like organic cotton and hemp. Most are also vegan friendly. Aside for an occasional rubbery squeak as I step, they are as good or better than most shoes on the market.

For today's grand expedition, I paired them with my favorite lightweight linen pants and a tank top, and accessorized with a pretty polymer clay butterfly necklace. I have no idea who gave me this lovely necklace, so if any of you readers recognize it, please let me know. I got several compliments on it, and I'd love to thank whoever gifted it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment