Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

8/26/10: Pretending at Back To School

On one of my last days in my hometown, I headed to my undergraduate campus to meet a friend for lunch. I knew it would feel weird to wander that campus as an alumnus. I knew I'd feel out of place. I knew I wouldn't be starting classes for another month. I decided to play a little game with myself and pretend I was starting school. I dressed up in my best "it's my first day as a graduate student" look.

Top: Express, forever ago
Skirt: Express, bought at friend's clothing sale for $5
Belt: via Kohl's, $4.80 in August 2010
Purse: XOXO via Burlington Coat Factory, forever ago
Shoes: "Kiren" by XAPPEAL at Rack Room Shoes, $14.99 in July 2010

This coral colored skirt was both the first high-waisted skirt and the first coral colored item in my wardrobe. I quickly discovered that I love the high-waisted look, but the color is still weird for me. I wear this skirt because I like it, but I'm not going to make the eye-popping shade a regular part of my wardrobe. Paired with basic black though, I like it. It goes equally well with white, though I've been afraid to try any other shades.

Question: What colors do you rarely wear? When you do wear those colors, do you keep it basic, or do you go wild?


No comments:

Post a Comment