Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/24/10: In Front of The Class

As with graduate orientation, teaching orientation, and the first day of classes, my first day of teaching brought "what to wear" panic. I decided it was better to over-dress than under-dress, at least when it comes to convincing a bunch of undergraduate who might be the same age as me that I am their authority figure.

Top: Express, forever ago
Skirt: The Limited, $33.99 (after 15% educator discount) in Sept 2010
Bag: H&M, purchased in Austria in 2005, with fresh dye job
Shoes: "Kiren" by XAPPEAL at Rack Room Shoes, $14.99 in July 2010
Necklace: handmade by Page Rozelle, gift
Lips: Cover Girl "Outlast" lipstain color 440 covered with gloss
Nails: ??

I always thought "The Limited" was for old women. Then I went in there, and fell in love. Then I found out that with student ID or teaching ID, you save 15% on everything, including sale and clearance items. I'm now obsessed. I love this blue pencil skirt. It isn't quite denim, though the denim-esque fabric makes it a little more casual. Paired with a tee and flats, I didn't quite look like an undergrad, though the emerald nail polish kept it a little funky.

Seriously though, I'm obsessed with this skirt and this outfit. It was comfortable. I felt cute. And I felt like me. What more could I ask for?

As for the lip color, I am on a mission for the perfect lip product. I generally find lip sticks too heavy. Glosses tend to drive my dates crazy. I feel like I'm on the right track with this lipstain, though it seems to wear off quickly and the color doesn't sink in evenly. Question for you: What is your favorite lip product? How do you add subtle color? What about when you want dramatic color?

No comments:

Post a Comment