Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

7/21/10: Wild Wednesday

I never go out. At least that is what my friends would tell you. Between work, preparing to move, and more work, I just don't have the energy. Last night, however, I got lured in by the promise of free entry and free drinks. Honestly, I just wanted an excuse to wear my new dress.

 Dress: Carole Little via Marshalls, $24.99 in July 2010
Bracelet: Gift
Heels: Y-not? via Burlington Coat Factory(?), many years ago

I fucking love this dress. It's not too low cut. It's short, but not too short. I love how it hugs my curves. I could almost wear it to teach (I'm thinking paired with a blazer or cardigan, hose, and simple shoes). It is simple, but has unique ornamentation. I love the inside-out zipper. I'm not a huge fan of ruffles in general, but I like the ruffles across the straps. I always love black and white, and combined, they just beg for red accents.

These red heels trace their way back to my very first gay prom. Whenever that was, I wore a black strapless dress trimmed with red, red heels, and a black fedora. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for them, though I think it was less than $20. I have certainly gotten my money's worth. Now, wearing red patent slingbacks the day you twist your ankle at work is not a good idea. But sometimes, it's your only option. Especially when you have a bad-ass leather bracelet accented with red beads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment