Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

8/2/10: Traveling and Apartment Hunting

As promised, I am posting old things I never got around to posting.

At the beginning of August, I traveled to my future home to find an apartment. In hopes of looking like "I'm a young professional you want to give a good deal on rent," I dressed up a little.

Headband: Dollar Store
Shirt: Express
Skirt: Takara via Dillard's, on sale for something like $10.99 in July 2010
Purse: XOXO via Burlington Coat Factory, forever ago
Shoes: "Women's Arbor Sandal by Privo, $24.47 on Amazon in most sizes
Ankle Wrap: available at your local urgent care center or pharmacy





When I travel by air, I always try to avoid wearing metal and shoes with laces. I'd prefer not to be patted down and searched, and the best way to guarantee this is to waltz right through the metal detector. I also prefer not to fight with my shoe laces, so sandals have become my traveling norm.

The skirt and white top was breezy enough to keep me cool as I desperately searched the city for an apartment. The sandals were comfortable enough. The headband hid my messy post-airplane air. And not only did I find an apartment, but I found some amazing sidewalk chark art. All in all, a successful trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment