Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

7/25/10: A Good Florida Girl

In general, I am an awful Florida girl. I haven't been to the beach since September. I am pasty white. I don't like the sun. I don't like sand.

Today, however, I was a perfect Florida girl. I spend the day with one of my best friends picnicking on the beach, frolicking in the waves, finishing the novel Middlesex, and constantly reapplying SPF 45. Despite my best attempts at avoiding sunburn, I failed on that count. On all other counts, however, the trip was a success.

 Sunglasses: via Quarter Moon Imports, several years ago
Bracelet: Handmade by me
Swimsuit: Aero Swim via AĆ©ropostale, Summer 2007
Teal Tank: Forever 21
Blue Shirt: Calvin Klein Jeans via Costco, $4.97 in July 2010
Skirt: Solitaire via T.J.Maxx, $14.99(ish?) in May 2010
Shoes: "Women's Arbor Sandal" by Privo, $50.29 on Amazon in most sizes

My favorite part of this outfit, without a doubt, is the handmade button bracelet. I made three last night: one in blues, one in earth tones, and one in red. As I have boxes of buttons, I plan on making more (and including a tutorial for my lovely readers).

I also love this swimsuit, which is one of two items I have ever bought at AĆ©ropostale. In general, those sizing is way too "juniory," but this bathing suit actually fits (and has held up remarkably well). I had every intention of covering up after spending much of yesterday in the sun. The light blue long-sleeve shirt is yet another example of Costco Chic and was a total bargain at $4.97. But once I got to the beach and it was 100 degrees of pure sunlight, I wanted to be wearing as little clothing as possible. Even the delicate beading couldn't convince me otherwise.

Question: How do you manage to stay cool while covering up from the sun?

No comments:

Post a Comment