Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

7/16/10: Fake It 'Til You Make It

Sometimes life throws you curve balls. Sometimes it throws those curve balls at full force, straight into your face, leaving you a curled up mess of tears. When this happens, you may not even want to get out of bed. You may not want to move. You may not be able to imagine having fun.

But sometimes, you have to fake it until you make it: In this case, by putting on a colorful outfit, hanging out with friends, and drinking delicious margaritas and snacking on margarita cupcakes. Sometimes a little tequila is part of the solution.


Green camisole: Express, several years ago
Black tee: Tresics (and one of the softest tees I own)
Skirt: Funky People via Quarter Moon Imports, several years ago
Flats: "Kiren" by XAPPEAL via Rack Room Shoes, $14.99 in July 2010

This skirt is one of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe, and unfortunately it has seen better days. Though I only hand wash it, the delicate lace and rayon panels are starting to rip. I've tried to mend it, but it inevitably tears again. Thus, I've relegated this skirt to the "wear on special occasions" or "for when I really need to feel pretty" pile. When it falls apart, I'll be left with fond memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment