Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

7/18/10: The Lazy Days of Summer

Today was a practical stay at home day. That is, until my friend called me up to go swimming with her and her three year old. It's only the third time this summer I've been to the pool, which is simply unthinkable for a Florida girl. Hell, I haven't been to the beach once. (You'll be able to tell this by my ghostly skin.)

Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Ranbir, thirfted
Swimsuit: ...Lost via Ross, $12.99 in June 2010
Sandals: "Women's Ranford Sandal" by Privo via Clarks Outlet (available for $49.03 on Amazon)
Hat: Betmar Beach via Dillard's, borrowed from friend
Little feet: Friend's three year old daughter 

As you can tell, my skirt was wrinkly when I left the house. Let's be honest though: it doesn't even matter. The tag of the skirt says "Ranbir" and "Made in Nepal." It's 100% cotton and I bought it at a thrift store. I have a hunch it's a fair trade hippie skirt, and maybe that is why I love it so much. It's the softest thing ever and always looks great paired with a tee or tank. It's lightweight and dries quickly, but has enough shape to be flattering. I have some serious skirt love for this mystery piece.

The bathing suit was bought to wear to my mom's 50th birthday party. I went in to Ross looking for a cute new swimsuit. There was only one hanger in the "medium" section. I pulled it out and thought "nice enough." I tried it on and thought "I look cute." I looked at the price tag, saw $12.99, and thought "Hell yeah!"

As I am being honest today, we can go ahead and admit that this bathing suit is pretty gay. Maybe that is why I love it so much. There is a rainbow on my right boob. It's girly with the hearts, but it isn't too girly thanks to the grafitti style and the simple black bottom lightly striped with metallic gray. I don't mind when my bathing suit top is held on with tying nylon strings, but I like that the bottom is a simple brief style. I don't have to worry about a playful three year old baring my bottom to the world. (Side note: Anyone know where "...Lost" bathing suits are normally sold? I get the feeling it's a "surfy" juniors brand.)

No comments:

Post a Comment